|This page is about game mechanics.
This page is about game mechanics. It contains information such as formulas, costs, & other miscellany. See Category:Mechanics for other pages on game mechanics.
Resources are produced and consumed by nations for several functions, improvements, and equipping a war machine. Resources are also the driving force in the world economy and can be traded in the global market for other resources or cash.
Natural Resources (or Raw Resources) are resources that can be produced through basic city improvements. Natural resource availability is based on what continent a nation is on. There are a total of seven natural resources.
- Food - the only natural resource that is "manufactured" through Farm improvements and is available regardless of continent; Food is used to feed a nation's population.
- Coal - an energy resource used to fuel Coal Power.
- Oil - an energy resource used to fuel Oil Power; can also be converted to Gasoline through an Oil Refinery improvement.
- Uranium - a resource used to fuel Nuclear Power and build Nuclear Weapons.
- Iron - a resource that can be converted to Steel through a Steel Mill improvement.
- Bauxite - a resource that can be converted to Aluminum through an Aluminum Refinery improvement.
- Lead - a resource that can be converted to Munitions through a Munitions Factory improvement.
Availability of natural resources varies by continent. Every continent has either Coal or Oil, Iron or Bauxite, and Lead or Uranium. Food and manufactured resources can be produced anywhere regardless of continent placement.
Manufactured resources are processed via advanced city manufacturing improvements that use natural resources to convert them to such. Any nation on any continent can manufacture all of these resources. There are a total of four manufactured resources.
- Gasoline - a resource produced by refining Oil through an Oil Refinery improvement; used to fuel military units such as Tanks, Aircraft, and Ships to enable them in battle.
- Steel - a resource produced by refining Iron through a Steel Mill improvement; used to construct other city improvements and military units.
- Aluminum - a resource produced by refining Bauxite through an Aluminum Refinery improvement; used to construct other city improvements and military units.
- Munitions - a resource produced by refining Lead through a Munitions Factory improvement; used to arm Soldiers, Tanks, Aircraft, and Ships to increase their effectiveness in battle.
Limitations on Nation StockpilesEdit
All nations may only stockpile a certain amount of each resource. The current limit for all resources is 9,999,999.99 and anything over that will be lost.