The Brotherhood of the Clouds was a white teamalliance formed on August 19, 2014. They were once ranked #7 in terms of score with approximately 36k nation score and 26 members. They merged with The Chola to form Zodiac in March 2017.
BoC Declares War on Guardian, BoC enters the Great VE War on the side of the Allied Coalition.
May 31, 2015:
Mensa HQ surrenders to the Allied Coalition.
June 4, 2015:
Guardian surrenders to the Allied Coalition. BoC exits the Great VE War.
July 19, 2015:
After a turbulent election season where Lord Frostsword is reelected, over 15 prominent members and government officials leave the alliance. Many government positions are left vacant and the NS drops by more than 5,000- several members choose to form the splinter group Noir.
July 20, 2015:
Terradoxia merges into the Brotherhood of the Clouds.
August 8, 2015:
The Official Brotherhood of Clouds religion is reborn, The Dragon Gods of BoC
August 19, 2015
The Brotherhood of the Clouds celebrates its first birthday.
September 7, 2015
Brotherhood of the Clouds signs a protectorate with Hanseatic League
October 16, 2015
The Brotherhood of the Clouds formally declares war on The Syndicate and the Seven Kingdoms. Thus starting Oktoberfest.
October 24, 2015
The Brotherhood of the Clouds formally surrenders to the Joint Coalition. BoC withdraws from Oktoberfest.
December 3, 2015:
The new Brotherhood of Clouds charter is announced with Lord Frostsword Standing down
December 15, 2015
The Brotherhood of Clouds signs the Genetic Clouds Accord, A MDoAP with Ingen, since turned Nuclear Knights
December 28, 2015
The Brotherhood of Clouds signs a protectorate with R&R, named the Castle on a Cloud Accord
January 20, 2016
The Brotherhood of Clouds signs a protectorate with Iberia, named the Rolling on Cloud Nine agreement
Like the clouds high above, we, the Brotherhood of the Clouds (herein known as BoC) come together to fill the sky with our wonder, and hope to bring some imagination to the world below spreading the word of our Dragon Gods.
Article I- Membership
a. Any person seeking membership within the BoC shall change their Alliance Affiliation to “Brotherhood of the Clouds” and file an application on the BoC Forums.
b. The Ministry of Internal Affairs shall review the application, and choose to either accept or reject the applicant, OR bring it to the government for review.
c. Once accepted, the applicant becomes a member and must do the following:
i. Change their Alliance Affiliation to Brotherhood of the Clouds
ii. Change their color to White
ii. Check-In with the BoC Academy.
a. Any member who wishes to resign from BoC must do the following:
i. Inform the Minister of Internal Affairs
ii. Post in the Resignation Thread
iii. Remove the Brotherhood of the Clouds Alliance Affiliation
b. Any member who leaves the BoC Alliance Affiliation OR who applies to another alliance without first resigning is no longer entitled to the benefits of membership and may face appropriate penalties as determined by the Minister of Judicial Affairs and/or the Head Office should they desire involvement in the case.
i. Any member in good standing may vote in alliance wide elections.
ii. The Senior Justice and Junior Justice are elected into office on behalf of the membership. Whomever receives a majority of the vote wins.
i. Any member in good standing may run as a candidate for Senior Justice or Junior Justice. A candidate can not run for more than one position at the same time.
ii. Any member in good standing may be appointed as a candidate for Deputy Minister by their respective Minister.
iii. Candidates must start a Candidacy Thread between the 1st and 10th of the election month.
iv. Any candidate dropping out must resign their candidacy by the 8th of the election month.
c. Election Process
i. Elections will take place January, May, and September for Senior and Junior Justices. The runners up of the Senior Justice elections will be entered for the Junior Justice elections.
ii. The Justice Department will post a poll on the 12th of the election month, which will run for 24 hours.
iii. The candidate with the most votes wins.
iv. Should there be a tie, the Executives will vote to determine the winner with a majority vote. If a majority vote cannot be reached, there will be a second election to determine the winner within 2 weeks of the tied election.
i. Right to submit to the Justice Department any Government Member or Justice whom they believe should be impeached.
ii. Members have the right to submit to the Justice Department any member whom they believe is in violation of the charter, BoC policy, law, or decree.
iii. Members have the right to submit to the Justice Department any grievances with any government decision if it is supported by at least 5 other members.
iv. Members have the right to submit to the Government any law, decree, or bill they would like voted on.
v. Members may bring forward a vote to start the process of amending the charter.
Article II- Government Structure
1. The government of the BoC is comprised of three separate branches: The Head Office Branch, The Executive Branch and The Legislative Branch.
a. The Executive Branch is comprised of five Ministers including the Emperor and Viceroy. They are know as the Executives
b. The Legislative Branch is comprised of up to eight Deputy Ministers. They are known as the Legislatives
2. The government is also broken down into five Ministries. Each Ministry may have subordinate Departments established under them as needed, in accordance with this charter.
a. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs handles Diplomacy and Embassy Operations.
b. The Ministry of Military Affairs handles the defensive readiness of the alliance and military operations.
c. The Ministry of Internal Affairs handles internal components of the alliance.
d. The Ministry of Economic Affairs handles the finances and resources of the alliance.
e. The Ministry of Judicial Affairs handles court cases and enforcement of the few alliance rules.
3. Each Ministry's powers are directly taken from their Ministry Policy
4. Each Minister holds full control and responsibility over their department. They can only be overruled by the Head Office.
5. Deputy Minister can be promoted by the respective minister and only the respective minister. The Executives must be alerted when a new deputy minister assumes office.
6. The Emperor and Viceroy shall retain their positions indefinitely unless a vote of no confidence is called from within the Executives.
7. If a vote of no confidence is called, a vote shall commence by the Executives and the Legislatives. A majority wins.
9. If the Emperor and/or Viceroy is removed from their position, they shall retain their position as a member of the BoC unless a court case is filed. Chaos is to follow and we must pray to Immunis for guidance.
Article III- Head Office
The Emperor and Viceroy are granted the following powers that they can act upon without consulting the Executives:
Firing a Deputy minister with appropriate reasoning
Deploying members to counter raids
Suspending a member from the alliance (not removing them)
Raising and lowering the level of defcon
Denying an applicant membership with appropriate reasoning
Pass new growth plans
Forbid funding to a certain member with appropriate reasoning
2. With forewarning or having consulted the Executives, the Head Office may also granted the following powers:
Grant a member deputy position (forwarning)
Fire a member of the council ( Consulting)
Carry out the permissions of any/all Executives (with prior consulting)
Article IV- Executive Branch
1. The Executives will be responsible for helping oversee the following:
a. Signing treaties with other alliances,(Only with MoFA approval)
b. Approval on Bloc Membership.
c. Declaring war.
d. Overruling decisions by the Legislatives.
e. Suspending membership of a player or expelling a member.
f. Approval of Amendments.
g. Changes within the alliance as a whole.
h. Treaty cancellation.
i. Signing Ministry-specific policies.
j. Recommending members for Deputy Minister positions.
k. Declaring Peace.
l. Proposing Amendments to this document.
m. Creating any new Title/Position within the alliance
n. Monitoring the activity and ensuring the best Executive members are employed in the Head office. A vote of no confidence should be held if this is not the case.
2. The Executives are suggested to receive feedback and encourage discussion with the Lesser Council prior to any Executive votes.
3. The Minister of a respective Ministry has the power to fire any Deputy Ministers for appropriate reasons.
Article V- Legislative Branch
1. The collective group of Deputy Ministers are know as the Legislatives.
2. Executive Branch members will be able to participate in discussions within the Legislatives, but may not vote in any Legislative votes.
3. Legislatives will be responsible for:
a. Voting on issues if the Executives are in absolute disagreement.
b. Voting on a no confidence call by the Executives.
c. Day to day working in their respective department.
d. Proposing votes to be discussed by the Executives.
e. Acting on the orders of the Executive branch members.
Article VI- Policies
1. Each Minister will determine Departmental / Ministry Policies governing their specific area. Discussion and agreement is suggested when determining policy direction.
2. Policies will be housed in the BoC Document Hall Forum, viewable to all members, unless Operational Security (OPSEC) prohibits it.
3. Policies cannot contradict the charter, but will provide more specific guidance.
Article VII- Religion
1. The Official Religion of the Brotherhood of the Clouds Shall be The Dragon Gods Faith and its Eleven(11) Pillars of Followers. (Valic, Ventus, Matrona, Aecor, Obcasus, Labes, Immunis, Caeruleum, Chalybs, Tellus, and Cruor)
2. Each Dragon of the Eleven shall have their own Temples of worship, whom upkeep will be maintained by its different Followers.
3. Other world religions are welcome to build their own Temples of worship within their alliance Embassies on the BoC Forums, so long as those practices do not harm the BoC nor disturb any other faith's practices.
With the Dragon Gods looking down, the members of the Brotherhood of the Clouds hereby come together to form this alliance with peace, prosperity, and poise.